So Valve has decided to break the silence and has announced that the Steam Deck will officially release on Feb 25th for consumers. On that day, if you were one of the first pre-orders, you will receive an email from Valve to complete your payment and you will have three days to act on it. If you complete your order, the first unit will ship on the 28th and be a few days later in the hands of the first happy gamer.
That’s about it! While you are waiting, you can check all of our articles about the Steam Deck until now:
- First Batch of Steam Deck Verified Games
- Steam Deck Developer Kit Impressions
- The Steam Deck Conference: Key Takeaways
- Steam Deck and Proton: Good & Bad Times Ahead
- Steam Deck Verified: Understanding Compatibility
- Steam Deck Teardown: How Valve Designs Hardware
- Steam Deck: Official Anti-Cheat Support Incoming in 2021
- Steam Deck: “The start of a golden age for Linux Gaming”
- Steam Deck: 6 New Points You Need to Know
- Valve Announces Handheld Linux Gaming with The Steam Deck Launching in 2021
You might want to check out the following articles too!
BoilingSteam lets you access our content for free, but writing articles is a constant investment. We don't use ads or sponsporship, help us make our activities sustainable by donating via Patreon or LiberaPay if you prefer it anonymous. You can follow what we do via our newsletter, our RSS feed, our Mastodon profile or our Twitter feed. We also have Peertube, Youtube and LBRY channels. If you'd like to chat, you can also find us on #boilingsteam:matrix.org. (what is Matrix?)